Monday, December 28, 2009

In your opinion, what's the best advice a musician has given?

Never stop doing what you love and tell the naysayers to take flying leap.In your opinion, what's the best advice a musician has given?
i work at a venue in nashville and have been lucky enough to work with people ranging from chris ledoux (just before he passed) to pat benetar and peter frampton....





its the legends who still love what they do that gets me...





we recently had CCR (creedence revisisted...not revival...) and it was painfully obvious that they were having a GOOD time on stage and still loving music genuinely after all these years.





i think watching them play was like getting advice.





when you find something you love in life never let it go....





when i see musicians who are tired of the life and whine a lot (usually opening acts or house bands) its really disappointing.In your opinion, what's the best advice a musician has given?
';Don't get scared now!'; I was with my first band and my drummer was really awesome...Dave Lombardo type of awesome. I was playing guitar and singing songs I wrote and it was the first time I was ever performing in front of people...300 people. Right before we started he yelled it...DON'T GET SCARED NOW!!! and for some reason it worked...2 seconds later we were in the song and it was a blast.
It came from my father who graduated from the prestigious Manhattan School Of Music:





';Music is the best sideline in the world.';





But do you think I listened?
';...remove nipple piercings before entering a mosh pit'; ~Dave Grohl on Surviving Tours





Ok, maybe not the BEST advice, but it's pretty useful I guess


@-%26gt;--%26gt;-
to not measure my success by how much money i made with my music, but by how much enjoyment i got out of it. If one of my songs makes one person smile or forget about a bad day, then i was successful.
Neil Young has stated that, ';A musician is damned if he stays the same, damned if he tries something different, so I'm gonna play what I want';. Good advice IMO :P
chow down before a lengthy concert





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw_1CIwwEIA%26amp;feature=bz303


.
Don't EVER let the audience know you screwed up. Don't make a face or apologize. AND no matter how big the crowd, always play like you're playing for thousands.
Music definitly teaches humility. I learned the hard way in front of hundreds of people.-My own advice
If you can sing you can walk, and if you can talk you can dance... or somthing kinda like that
Music is life.... Without it everything would just be boring.... Oops that's just one of my quotes! lol....
';Get yourself an electric guitar, take some time, learn how to play....just learn how to play';
Start drinking heavily.
he told me i sucked and to get a life! now i dont ever have to practice!! yup
Don't blow it!
practice !! !!! !!!! !!!!! duh !


and can you vote for me as best answer ? i spent 20 mins. looking for an answer !

No comments:

Post a Comment