Thursday, December 31, 2009

Which breast pump would you recommend? also, i am due on new year's, what is the best advice you can give me ?

for taking care of our newborn when he comes home. ie: any magic ways for helping baby to sleep, stop crying??? thanks so much :)Which breast pump would you recommend? also, i am due on new year's, what is the best advice you can give me ?
Medella is good...the more expensive the better, unfortunately. You can try one out at the hospital...they are available for rent.





Magic way I got my son to stop crying when I brought him home was to keep him swaddled and the lights on...we tried to simulate the hospital nursery. Other than that...later, it all depends on why the baby is crying or what keeps it from sleeping.Which breast pump would you recommend? also, i am due on new year's, what is the best advice you can give me ?
Congratulations!





I bought the Medela Pump in Style Advance and that thing was awesome! Worked beautifully, easy to clean, easy to take places if need be. It's on the pricy side (I paid $280) but it was worth it when I exclusively pumped. You can't put a price on breastmilk.





Here is one thing I did when my daughter was a newborn to help her to sleep. When it was bedtime, I put her sleeper in the dryer for 5 minutes to warm it up, then I put it on her while warm. I also did the same thing with her swaddle blanket and wrapped her in it. Babies crave the warmth of the womb and it helped her to sleep every night until she was old enough to fall asleep on her own at bedtime (about 8 weeks). If you do this though, make sure the snaps or the zipper on the sleeper aren't too hot!
Hi -


I alsways used Avent but was constantly being told how fantastic Medela pumps are so I would definately try that one.


As to crying - swaddle,swaddle,swaddle. Obviously feeding/clean nappies and lots of cuddles helps first but my daughter after this would always fuss and the second she was wrapped, she would go straight to sleep. Also, a good rocking with a lullaby always helps.


Good luck. My son was a new years eve bub last year.
I used the medella pump and it was great! Loved it and I hated pumping. The best advice I can give is make sure the nurses show you how to swaddle your baby. And make sure you can do it super tight. Babies love it. My daughter slept so much better when we figured it out. Good luck!
i used both an avent manual as well as mendela,did not like either much.the sound of the mendela was deafing!


the part about the swaddling has been well answered.


good luck and congratulations in advance
Medela pump in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment