Monday, December 28, 2009

Tell me, what was the *best* advice your Mom ever gave you?

My mother told me:





'; Never, ever disrespect yourself.';





and I have sooo much respect for myself.


Choices and Consequences Baby.Tell me, what was the *best* advice your Mom ever gave you?
If you are smart, and you are a women.... then don't let it show.Tell me, what was the *best* advice your Mom ever gave you?
to her daughters she said,,,always be able to support yourself and not rely on men,,,i dont know what she said to my brothers. :-)
before she died...





';dont be too stubborn, i was able to find a great dad for you, listen to him and stay with him no matter what. find someone as good as him '; but my dad left me too, 6 years after that.
join the army.
get a rich hubby
Not to end up like her.
Never talk to strangers.... j/k.


The BEST advice she ever gave me is :


Follow your bliss (yes, she was a hippie)


If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all


and... Always be true to yourself


Aug. 21.. she'll be gone 17 years and this is the best advice she ever gave me... true words to live by.
She said: Keep away from drugs!
Don't cry when you're going to sleep - your eyes would be puffy when you wake up. :)
dont ever ever trust men..and dont ever ever get married... i didnt listen...now i know what she was saying !! *sigh*
Always keep a smile on your face... even if you don't feel like it. A smile can change everything! =]]
my sisters and i would always fuss. and she would always say that one day we would need each other. her advice was to get along, help each other out, and you know what, she was right!! moms are always right!!!!
to choose the best path in life i dont have sex at a early age
Go with your gut.
Never let a man hit on me , do not let a man have sex with me every night, always have your own, keep a clean house, stay out of mess, if you say something make sure you can repeat it, treat people the way you wants to be treated, Help people when ever you can, always be willing to share and many more advice. most important is love God and stay in church.
To not marry the first two I was engaged to, but the one that I married.
Don't let your little head think for your big head :)
Just be yourself, but be good . . .


I ended up finding a lot of friends.





I'd say this to my kid:


Live your life the best way possible and enjoy life without having to do drugs. You'll end up someplace you most likely wanted to be.


Yeah, that's what I would say.
';being confident is attractive. love who you are.';
';One of these days, you're gonna have kids JUST LIKE YOU! And they're gonna drive you nuts!';


Oh, wait. .... you said ADVICE, lol.


The best advice given from mom was ';Be yourself. You don't do so well trying to lie to others. Most of us can see right through you.';
';Don't cry over spilt milk. Give the cat a chance.';





Two lessons there:


1. Don't cry over what you can't change.


2. Your misfortune might benefit another.
Dont talk to strangers, stay off drugs
Shaken...not Stirred:)
If you go to the park where the drunk people go, a bad man is going to kill you and put you in the water. (that would be the missouri river)





I'm still alive, so I consider that good advice.
  • last lipstick
  • alvinarf
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment