Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rude interviewers. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

I have been to over 30 job interviews. I have met good one and bad one. Recently, I have been to many interviews with very rude interviewers.





Last week--I spoke to a senior HR officer. I knew she is an elderly lady. The whole time we talked. She made some weird noises like she was so bored.





Yesterday-- An interviewer hung up on me. She said my phone is getting ready to break and she could not hear me.





Today--I recieved an e-mail from a lady name Alex Mann. I thought he was a man. I called and asking for Mr. Alex. She was very offended. She also said, this is not the best time to call her. She will call me back this afternoon. She has not called me back.





***


They are acting like I am begging them for the job. I must get on my hands and knees or no jobs offer. Come on, I am tired of this now. Please advice. Thank you.Rude interviewers. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
I know what you mean. I went to one recently and the guy was GRILLING me like crazy. Asking so many questions. It's a stupid hourly position but he made it seem like I was interviewing for CEO or something. I got mad and said ';know what? F this sh-t'; and left. There's no need for that kinda sh-t. Especially now, when everyones looking for a job.Rude interviewers. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
make them call you for the interivew. if they really want someone for the job (which it sounds like they do) they should know that they have to be kind to you or else you won't take the job.





however, if they're just plain rude to you regardless, they don't deserve your time.
30 interviews and no job offers. I suggest you sign up at your local college and receive some training on how to interview well. It is possible that you are doing something that is a complete turn off to the interviewer.
don't forget that the way they treat you during an interview is also the way you'll be treated when you work there. While it's rude and impolite just look at it as a peek into what working conditions are like in that particular place
Don't get discouraged! Practice makes perfect. During this process you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you which is something they sometimes forget!


Just be firm but polite. When they don't return a call be pro-active and call them again. It doesn't matter if they think you are being pushy. You come first.

No comments:

Post a Comment