Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Parents' opinion. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

I have not seen my parents in the past 6 years of studying in the US. I just recently graduates. I get a work permit to work in the US for 1 year. I really want to work here and save some money because my parent and grand parents spent all their saving to send through colleges (BA and MA). However, I have not found a decent job in the past 5 weeks. My parents told me to go back and work at my home country. They said, they miss me and do not want me to stay in the US alone.





My parents have 4 kids. I am the oldest. I am scared to let my parents down if I am not an achiever since they spent all their money toward my education in America. If I go back home I will only make 1/5 of the salary I will make in the US. I am wondering why do my parents want me to go home. Do they really miss me and don't worry about the money they spent for my education?Parents' opinion. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Hey Hope


I think you will find your job in the United States. It is just a matter of time. You just have to keep looking and posting resumes.


For now though If I were you I would go home and stay with your parents for a while. They love you and they miss you. Money is not the issue. You cannot put a price on your parents, grand parents or yourself. Go and see them.


Money will always be around but they will not. Therefore I think you should go and see them.


Do not worry about a job. It is difficult at first but you will succeed.


All the bestParents' opinion. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Yes,


I imagine your parents really miss you and want you back in the family fold, so they know you are safe and happy.


I should imagine the money is irrelevant as it is you that is important not what you can achieve.


If I hadn't seen one of my children for 6 years I would be desperate to see them and have them back.


Go home and be happy.


Good Luck in all you do and all you achieve.
Five weeks is not a long time to be looking for a job. You must be aware of the shape the economy is in. There are many professional with more degrees than you looking for jobs right now. If you can, try to stick it out.





OK-here is the tough love-You probably also need to go to a professional and have a resume made. There are free services online as well.


Go online and research interview mistakes-what never to do, etc. Being educated doesn't mean you interview well.





And finally, your parents may not understand the pay difference and the opportunities available here.





Good luck!
Don't feel alone! A lot of people that go to college either don't get the jobs they want, or aren't making the money they need. It's beginning to get to the point that college is really a waste unless you do a ton of homework on the field of study, job ops, and pay post college. Of course some fields always have available jobs, and good pay. Most don't though. I'd give it a little more time, if still no luck then I'd go home to the family. You won't be the first one that was in your situation, and you deffinately won't be the last.
They really miss you. Of course they do you are one of their babies. I would try to find a job over here and save, save ,save. Maybe you should find a half way decent job until you can get the job you really want that way you still can save and work. And if you dont get a job in the next month or two, go home be with your family and do the best that you can. Sounds to me like you will be well qualified to work at your home country and make a little more than others because of the qualifications you have recieved. Good luck and I hope you make a choice that will make you happy.


P.S 6 years is a really long time to be a way from your parents, man I bet they really do miss you alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment