Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Business tactics..10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

I am a billingual. I don't speak good English. I don't like interviewing process because I am very nervous. I have been practice and prepare for interview--but still do poorly. I am a hard working, honest, ambitious, and determined person. I am qualified for most job. All my former employers think I am a great worker. I don't want my poor communication skills (ESL) blocks me from moving forward.





I am changing my new strategy. I think I am going to sell myself through profolio








I made a career portfolio. It is a-30-pages book include: 1 letter of introduction,1 resume, 2 college transcripts, 3 references, 3 letters of recommendation, 5 work samples, and 1 writing sample.





What do you think?


Thank youBusiness tactics..10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
It looks like you're on the right track.





You didn't mention what type of job you were seeking. If it involves interacting with customers, then poor English can kill you in an interview.





Perhaps you should take a public speaking class to improve your English.Business tactics..10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Good to hear that you're trying hard. But on a practical level, communication in business can not be avoided. It's extremely important.





Also, if I had a stack of 15 one-page resume's and a 30-page portfolio, I would briefly skim through each resume and wouldn't even open the portfolio. I don't like to sound negative, but managers just don't have that kind of time.





I suggest you focus more on your communication and interview skills. Mock interviews are helpful. Good luck!
I think that would depend on your field....sales/marketing and very customer service oriented fields will value the interview moreso than the portfolio however
Use your biliuguil ability to your advantage. The face to face you will work on.


Your working on improving so thats always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment