Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I did something dumb. What is the best advice to give me?

Hey all...I really did something dumb that is really out of my nature. I stole sumthin under $10 from Wal-mart....and it was me and my friends. Obviously we got caught but neither of us was arrested. We jus went to the back and follow what they were saying. When the police came they had talked to each of us and ask why. I replied no reason jus being a follower. We was talking about their experience of dealing with situations as such. This is my first offense and they pulled up my record and saw that it was clear. However,I am not allowed to go back to the store. what i dont understand why they wrote a summon to appear in front of the judge. They said its not a big offense and they said do not do it again. I went to court and the judge jus called the names and asked do i want a public offender or what? i said yes (i guess). and i got to go back in July. I mean, whats up? What do you think i should do? I called the public offender and she said waive it but how? what do you think?I did something dumb. What is the best advice to give me?
Whats Up? Wanna take a guess?





What is up, is that you were caught shoplifting, were issued a criminal summons to appear in court, and will face trial unless you plead guilty. Your court appointed attorney likely waived your ';prelim'; and in July you will face the judge. Furthermore you have been ';trespassed'; from not only this Walmart, but from every Wlamart in the country. You return and you will be arrested or cited.





Although you were not physically arrested and booked, this will show on your criminal history.





As for what I think, you made a stupid mistake. Choose your friends better in the future. You are not going to be found not guilty...so when you go to court in July take a plea, and let this be the last time you see the inside of a courtroom.I did something dumb. What is the best advice to give me?
you stole an item. without a reason to do so.





public defender is your lawyer.





You plead guilty as charged.


you have a record - get a REAL lawyer!
You do not say how old you are, but I am assuming you are a teenager (from the way that your question is composed). If so, you should talk this over with either of your parents (which ever you are closer to). They are only interested in what will be best for your future. If you have any legal questions about going to court in July, you should contact the public defender again and make sure that he/she answers all of your questions until you fully understand what is best for you and what the consequences will be .
Well, sounds like you are being charged with a misdemeanor. The public defender probably means to waive the court date because she intends on having you plead guilty. That is normally why they waive a court date, usually a pre-trial. An attorney will waive a pre-trial date if the defendant is going to plead guilty. If you plead guilty, why have a pre-trial? They may give you a break if you are a minor. No, it isn't a huge crime, but it will go on your record. Sometimes they can work things out with the prosecutor to have the charge cleared from your record if you complete probation successfully. A Public defender is a lawyer assigned to you by the state. It is a lawyer you do not have to pay for, athough they still might make you pay something when this is all said and done. Don't do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment