Friday, January 8, 2010

Give me your best advice for a natural childbirth?

I'm due in 9 days with my third child but he will be my first singleton baby and my first vaginal birth.





My twins were born via c-section and I have no regrets because they weren't positioned safely for a vaginal birth.





I'm going for a VBAC and I am more than a little anxious as I get closer! It's foreign to me not to have a scheduled date to have a baby and having twins at home who are 20 months old is sort of making it a bit more stressful and complicated for me... worrying about them at home while their daddy and I are in the hospital having a baby! Then the whole idea of having a natural and unmedicated birth. I want the opposite experience that I had with twins... although they might want to give me pitocin if it's taking too long. I'll try to resist them but the thing is, we all have to be on the same team. AAAHHHHH! I'm stressing! What's your best advice to me?Give me your best advice for a natural childbirth?
My best advice is ... Calm down!!!





You can predict or shape what will happena quote i like, by john lennon...





It's fear of the unknown. The unknown is what it is. And to be frightened of it is what sends everybody scurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, all that--it's all illusion. Unknown is what it is. Accept that it's unknown and it's plain sailing. Everything is unknown--then you're ahead of the game. That's what it is. Right?











Good Luck! xxxGive me your best advice for a natural childbirth?
well if your in a hospital you will most likely get drugs for the pain and you can take the kids in with you.if your at home the birth is better but it hurts SO bad but it will always hurt i don't know what you will do but ones you hold that beautiful baby all the pain goes away trust me
Ouch... vagina.. OUCH.....
I would not get the pitocin, it's the start of too much intervention and make the contractions really painful. If they need to break your waters to speed things up that's better but it's best to just go with the flow. Deep long breaths through the contractions so you don't hyperventilate. Best of luck to you Mama!
Keep active and upright. Let gravity help your baby move into position and through the birth canal. If you lay on a bed while giving labour your pelvis tilts upwards and it's like pushing up a hill.





Research different positions and if it isn't working during labour try another. Different techniques like rocking back and forth give something you something else to concentrate on and can help some women with the pain.





Research different relaxation techniques eg labour massage, aromatherapy, music therapy. Have your husband learn a little about labour massage too. Warm water works great so if you can labour in a bath or under a warm shower.





Let your husband know that you may say things you don't mean and that he shouldn't take it personally.





Take each contraction as it comes and just remember that at the end you'll have a beautiful baby.
hey there Im due in June congrats! I want a natural birth also I would say the best thing to do is not think that everything will go as planned because it may not as far as trying to stay medicated FREE. Since this is your first vaginal birth you really wont know how much pain you can tolerate until that day and moment arrives! Everyone keeps asking are you getting a epidural and I just say I wont know until that day comes but my intentions is to try and hang out as long as I can w/o anything. But of course you do not want to be in so much pain that you wont enjoy your birth either. But you dont want to be so drugged up where you dont remember anything either. Its like can you win? but whatever you choose to make sure you keep your interest and most importantly the babies best interest at heart to have a wonderful birthing experience.


Many people also try all kinds of breathing techniques. so stay calm and do not worry about the twins Im sure they will be in great hands.The last thing you want to do is have extra stress while in labor because being in labor is hard enough. Do what you think feels best, ask questions, and stick to your guns! Some docs will keep pushing the idea of having an epidural when you may not even need one.
ok it is not so bad ok and it is the right way to have all babies God designed it that way!!!!!!
First, make your last days as calm as possible. See whether your husband can watch your twins while you take a *quiet* bath, or even talk on the phone with a friend or go shopping.





Second, read up on the subject. Talk to your pediatrician about the precautions you can take to make your son's birth a smooth one. If you know people who have gone through natural birth before, talk to them. Did they have any complications? And is there something you can do to prevent against those problems?





Third, make sure that you are familiar with the environment you will be giving birth in. If it is different than the one that your twins were born in, talk to your pediatrician/midwife about it. This will make you calmer during the actual birth.





Good luck and I hoped this helped!
They should not be giving you pitocin with a VBAC. Pitocin induced contractions can stress your uterine scar. I'm surprised that they would even suggest that. http://www.childbirth.org/section/VBACFA鈥?/a>





My best advice would be to take some empowering childbirth classes. (Bradley, Hypnobirthing, Birthing from within) Do not take the classes offered by your hospital. Also, hire a doula.





I would type more, but I'm holding a sleeping baby right now. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment